Tailor Made Holidays with our travel experts
We'll do our best to call you within 48h
• Wooden traditional junk with modern amenities
• Explore the natural grandeur of the World Heritage Halong archipelago
• Great seafood cuisine
• A unique itinerary with a quiet overnight anchorage
• Interaction with the local people who call the bay home
• Kayaking among the dramatic karst formations
239 Cai Beo Street, Cat Ba island, Hai Phong
Day by day Itinerary:
Day 01: Lan Ha Bay ( lunch and dinner )
We pick up our guest at 239 Cai Beo Street, Cat Ba Town Hai Phong, get on board of the Vintage Junk. Start cruising from Ben Beoi pier to the boundaries of Halong bay while lunch with fresh seafood is served (vegetarian and kids menus available).
After lunch, just make yourself at ease and relax. We are slowly getting off the classic cruising routes, far from the usual clichés of this busy tourism spot. Limestone rock formations will parade all around us for about 2 hours before our first stop.
We reach the perfect spot, remote and scenic, where the waters of Halong and Lan Ha hit and wave together. Let's get ready for serious things. Swimming suits, ok. Kayaks and tender boat, ok. Paddles and gears, ok. Let's get closer to the water and explore the bay in depth.
After one/one and a half hour kayaking, we get back on board to refresh and start the aperitif on the sundeck. The boat cruises to its secluded anchorage area. Dinner is served either inside or outside depending on weather conditions. Overnight on board in a cozy air-conditioned cabin with en-suite bathroom facilities.
Day 02: Halong – Hanoi ( Brunch )
We will be back at the pier about 11:30 am, and driven to Hanoi with an expected arrival time about 4pm. The day will be short so let’s wake up early to take the maximum of it.
Coffee, tea and cakes will be served from 6.30am. Wake up smoothly while witnessing the silence of beautiful misty bay. A 30-minute Tai Chi session will be organized, energize your body and soul or just allow yourself some farniente time on a sunbath with a cup of coffee.
About 7.45am, we hop on bamboo boats to go visiting a secluded floating village surrounded by the mountains. We trace our way between numerous floating houses and small rowing boats that serve the everyday life as vehicle, itinerant shops, fishing utility, sometimes overnight shelter.
Back on Vintage before 9am, we start cruising back to the pier. From 10.30 am, a brunch will be served. Take a last glance at the rocks, standing still as the eternal guardians of a kingdom, we are about to reach the pier. Once on land, we sit in a small café to wait for our overland vehicle.
• Tides and weather conditions may alter the times of meals and other activities.
• In line with our responsible vision of tourism, please note that we do not include the most popular caves of the bay in our program. We consider that they are an insult to heritage preservation.
• Tour program is subject to change without prior notice
• For your convenience, and if you can arrange smaller backpacks, please leave your big suitcase at Handspan's secure storage.
• On the way to Catba and back to Hanoi, we will stop at a place with food, beverages and souvenirs for sale. This is not to trick you and that will be the only times of the whole trip you may feel in the tourism mass. But that is the only place on the way, where you, your driver and your guide can use clean toilets without being forced to buy anything. Thanks for your understanding.